Aotearoa has a bright future if we can cheer on these smart folk as they take on the planet and win! said Export NZ Auckland director Catherine Lye announcing the launch the Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards Auckland 2013 this week.
She was quoting Jeremy Corbett, last year’s MC at the Awards gala dinner.
“Entrants will meet some of the Big Guns of the export world, she said, as our line-up of 22 judges this year is a who’s who panel of exporting experts,” Catherine said.
• Michael Daniell – CEO, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
• Brian Blake – Managing Director, DB Breweries
• Tony Falkenstein – CEO, Just Water International
• Ian McCrae – Founder & CEO, Orion Health
• Erica Crawford – Director, Tentpole Holdings
• Kim Campbell, CEO, EMA.
• Les Kendall, CEO and Governing Director, Temperzone
• Professor Kenneth Husted, Professor of Innovation and Co-Director at the University of Auckland
• Barry Squires – Head of International Business, Westpac Institutional Bank
• Craig Watkin – Supply Chain & Distribution Manager, Douglas Pharmaceuticals
• Geoff Whitcher – Co-Director of Centre of Entrepreneurial University of Auckland,
• Graeme Ransley – VP Operations, M-Com
• Chris Komatas – VP Operations, Endace
“Our judges are rich in connections and capability and committed to supporting the small and medium-scale businesses which are recognised as key to driving the export growth we need to sustain employment and our communities.
“Our 2013 Awards programme adopts an NZ Inc approach,” she says.
“The Awards are designed to highlight Kiwi ingenuity, innovation and export success and a thought-provoking opportunity for your business to reflect, refine and learn more about your company.
“Beyond that, there is the opportunity to:
• WIN – use of The Food Bowl facility valued at NZ$10,000 (BDO Food & Beverage Exporter of the Year)
• WIN – up to 3-months at Kiwi Landing Pad, Silicon Valley (Endace Hi-Tech Start Up of the Year)
• WIN – a supply chain management review involving senior management of Air New Zealand Cargo, Westpac, Baldwins Intellectual Property, BDO, Burnard International, Douglas Pharmaceuticals
• WIN – video production of a 5-minute marketing piece valued at $5,000 from Golem Productions Ltd (TNT Express Emerging Exporter of the Year)
• WIN – 6 months use of an E-Class Mercedes courtesy of Coutts Mercedes, Newmarket (Supreme Winner)
ALL entrants receive a free 60-second video production – a great marketing tool!
“The deadline for entries is Friday 12th April 2013.
“We’re here to help so if you have any questions about the Awards programme or about completing your entry form, call 09 367 0970 or visit the website www.hookedonexport.co.nz.”
The 2013 award categories are;
• Westpac Exporter of the Year (total sales over $25million
• QBE Exporter of the Year (total sales under $25million)
• BDO Food & Beverage Exporter of the Year (NEW)
• TNT Express Emerging Exporter of the Year
• Endace Hi-Tech Start Up of the Year (NEW)
• Baldwins Intellectual Property Commercialisation of Innovation for Export
“The Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards are a timely reminder that we’ve got world beating brains and energy right here in god zone. Sure, we gave awards to the best of the best, but there was a feeling we could fill the room several times over with NZ innovators and exporters. Aotearoa has a bright future if we can cheer these smart folk as they take on the planet and win! Get on board!” – Jeremy Corbett (Export Awards Master of Ceremonies 2012)